Fairness and Solvency Opinions
Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering many corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking #1 for total number of U.S. and global fairness opinions over the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters cumulative data from 2011-2020.
Duff & Phelps Ranked #2 for Announced Global Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2020, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Global Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2020."
Since 2005, we have provided more than 1,000 fairness opinions (over $425 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered over 950 Solvency Opinions ($4.5 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally over the past ten years and is the leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (more than 1,950 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.9 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
Valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes.
Strategic Value Advisory
Assistance evaluating strategic alternatives and identifying growth strategies.
Middle-market M&A advisory differentiated by industry expertise and superior deal execution.
Transaction Advisory Services
Seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
Financial Sponsors Group
Dedicated coverage and access to M&A deal-flow for financial sponsors.
M&A Post Acquisition Disputes
Expert consulting and testifying services related to post-acquisition purchase price disputes.
Experienced arbitrators and expert witnesses across a wide array of sectors.
Comprehensive Due Diligence Solution
Comprehensive diligence support primarily in the areas of tax, compliance and regulatory, operations, financial and accounting, investigations and disputes and cyber/IT risk.
Duff & Phelps Ranks First for Number of U.S. and Global Fairness Opinions Over the Past 10 Years
The Brazil Corporate Finance Practice Recognized as One of the Best Independent M&A Advisors by Leaders League
Duff & Phelps Ranked Among Top 5 Financial Advisors in Germany for Q2 2020
Mark Kwilosz Was Quoted in Auto Service World